For this tour, leave the hustle and bustle of Saigon city to explore one of the relics from one of the most significant local historical events in recent memory called Long Tan – Nui Dat.
Our private vehicle and driver will pick you up at your hotel, then drive about 1,5 hours east towards the Vung Tau beach where you will be met by local guide at Ba Ria town. Start going to Hoa Long village via the local rubber plantation, some rice fields.,etc…to visit Nui Dat – where Australian soldiers set up the base in 1966. Visit The old bunkers, Kangaroo pad, SAS hill ( Nui Dat hill), Lusbcome air field, the battalion’s Flag pole. Followed by a visit to the Nui Dat Kindergarten which was built by Australian Veterans for children in the village.
Keep going to Long Tan village to pay a visit the Long Tan Cross which was re-built by Australian veterans for 18 soldiers who pass away in the battle of Long Tan in 1966, then The Horse shoe- fire support base, Long phuoc Tunnel, Museum. After that, you will enjoy the local food for lunch.
On the way back to Saigon, you can stop at Thien Vien Thuong Chieu pagoda for a short visit for photos op!
Good morning Saigon! Start the day right away – with an up close and personal history lesson on the Old Long Tan battlefield.
- Delve into a historical site of Australian soldiers.
- Gain insight into the Vietnam War.
- Visit the former battlefield of Long Tan.
- Visit to Long Phuoc tunnels.
- Visit to Thien Vien Thuong Chieu.
- Local English speaking guide
- Private air-con car/van/bus
- Local food for lunch
- Travel permits
- Entrance fee as indicated
- Flower for the memorial of Long Tan Cross site
- Bottled mineral water ( one each )
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for guide and driver
- Travel insurance
- Other things that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Duration: 5-6 hours
|Price in USD|
|1 pax||2 paxs||3-4 paxs||5-6 paxs||>6 paxs|
|12 years and older||USD150||USD110||USD80||USD60||USD50|
|Children 7 – 11||N/A||USD90||USD60||USD50||USD40|
|Children 3 – 6||N/A||USD85||USD55||USD45||USD35|
|Children under 3||Free of charge|