Escape the hustle and bustle of Saigon for a tour of the Mekong Delta, where you will see what life is like beyond the urban centre of the south. About 2 hours drive away is the city of My Tho, a former naval base that is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta.
The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta’s prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam’s total agricultural output. Local life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road.
Upon arrival into My Tho, we board our private boat for cruise on the Mekong River. You will see a lot of fish farms along the river bank for photos opportunity, to gain an insight into one of the cottage industries in the region. On our Mekong tour, we will visit an island with lush tropical gardens where we have a chance to sample tropical fruits. Our local guide will take you to a family owned factory and explain the process of making the coconut sweet. As we meander down the Mekong, we will have a chance to visit local villagers in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, cultures, and customs of people who call the Delta their home.
Continuing on our Mekong discover, we will travel by Xe Loi or Tuk Tuk ( motorised cart ), and visit a local house to enjoy some tropical fruits, then a local restaurant to enjoy lunch, from where we will go to a smaller rowing boat to help us get deeper into the small canals of the Delta. Finally, we get back to My Tho by boat and transfer back to Saigon by bus.
Ever wonder how all the people of Vietnam get fed? Journey to the Mekong Delta area to see the agricultural heartland of Vietnam on this tour. Boat down the Mekong, visit to local family coconut sweet factory, row a sampan down a canal, snack on tropical fruits, and see how the people live outside of Saigon.
- Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta
- Cruise the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta
- Savour tropical fruits, see how local coconut sweet is made
- Enjoy driving around the village by Xe Loi – Tuk Tuk
- Feast on Vietnamese cuisine at a local restaurant
- Row in a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconut trees
- Local English speaking guide
- Private air-con car/van/bus
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Tropical fruits, coconut juice
- Boat, sampan boat, Tuk Tuk ride
- Bottled mineral water ( one each )
- Items of a personal nature
- Tip/gratuities for guide and driver
- Travel insurance
- Other things that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Durations: 7-8 hours
|Price in USD|
|1 pax||2 paxs||3-4 paxs||5-6 paxs||>6paxs|
|12 years and older||USD110||USD75||USD65||USD55||USD40|
|Children under 3||Free of charge|