Day 1: Saigon – Cai Be – Vinh Long
Escape the hustle and bustle of Saigon for a tour of the Mekong Delta, where you will see what life is like beyond the urban centre of the south.
The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta’s prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam’s total agricultural output. Local life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road.
Upon arrival in Long Dinh town after about 2 hours drive from Saigon, we will visit to a family owned chocolate handmade factory and listen to them explain the process of making the chocolate as well as to hear an interesting story of an old man with a dream: bringing the Vietnamese chocolate into the World & help cacao farmers to consume their cacao. Also, you can sample some chocolate with different flavours.
Continue on to the Cai Be boat station, we board our private boat to cruise on the Mekong River. Then, we jump in to a sampan boat for about 25minutes going through the very small scenic canal to enjoy beautiful views of the region. After that, we back on our big boat to go for lunch at the local house restaurant.
After lunch, we will visit to the fruit nursery garden and coconut homemade workshop to learn more about local industries and of course, we can try some! Then, off to the homestay where we will spend a night.
At the homestay, we can do a soft bike ride about half an hour around the village to learn more about the traditional lifestyles, cultures, and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Back to the homestay, join in to help the host prepare your beautiful dinner with local specialty.
Day 2: Vinh Long – Cai Be Floating Market – Saigon
After breakfast, we head to the brick kiln to see how they are made at the local owned factory. Then, on to visit to the Cai Be floating market to see how people buy and sell the products followed by the Ba Kiet Old House. Back on the bus, drive to the Cai Be Cao Dai Temple.
Continuing on our Mekong discover, we will visit to the Vinh Trang pagoda in My Tho City, then a local restaurant to enjoy lunch, from where we will go back to Saigon by bus.
Ever wonder how all the people of Vietnam get fed? Journey to the Mekong Delta area to see the agricultural heartland of Vietnam on this tour. Boat down the Mekong, visit to local family chocolate and coconut sweet factory, row a sampan down a canal, snack on tropical fruits, homestay experience, floating market, old house, temples…etc and see how the people live outside of Saigon.
- Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta
- Cruise the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta
- Savour tropical fruits, see how local coconut and chocolate sweet are made
- Enjoy riding around the village by bicycle
- Feast on Vietnamese cuisine at a local restaurant, homestay
- Row in a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconut trees
- Floating market visit
- Local English speaking guide
- Private air-con car/van/bus
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Tropical fruits, coconut juice
- Boat, sampan boat, bike ride
- Homestay, cooking demonstration
- Bottled mineral water ( one each )
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast.
- Items of a personal nature
- Tip/gratuities for guide and driver
- Travel insurance
- Other things that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Durations: 2 days 1 night
|Price in USD|
|1 pax||2 paxs||3-4 paxs||5-6 paxs||>6paxs|
|12 years and older||USD210||USD175||USD165||USD155||USD140|
|Children under 3||Free of charge|